Puff puff pastry - puff puff is a snack loved by Nigerians and most Africans. It can be used for breakfast and it is very easy to make. When mixing avoid adding too much water so that you do not end up making an oily pancake. Below are a few tips to get you started.
Step By Step Video Tutorial Puff Puff Pasty Recipe
Ingredients For Puff Puff Recipe
- A Clean bowl (for mixing the puff puff dough)
- Plain Flour
- Teaspoon of yeast (the type used in bread baking)
- Granulated sugar
- Pinches of salt to taste
- Water (lukewarm for mixing, if it is too hot you will kill the yeast)
- Vegetable Oil (or groundnut oil)
- Granulated /powdered nutmeg (Optional)
- Pour the quantity of plain flour into the bowl.
- Add nutmeg
- Add yeast (if the yeast is not in powdered form, dissolve it in a small Lukewarm water and add it before adding water)
- Add sugar to your taste.
- And salt to taste
- Mix all the dry ingredients together very well
- When you are done mixing the ingredients dry
- Add warm water bit by bit (careful not to make it watery) until the batter becomes very smooth
- Use a foil paper and cover the bowl airtight
- Leave it for about 40 munities to set
- After 40 minutes uncover and heat the vegetable oil
- Start frying
- Ensure you use a dip and tick pan when frying
This is how well mixed puff puff turn out - well rounded and not flat.
Do you like what you see? Try this method and leave us a comment how it went.
Thank you for stopping by.