Are you new to cloth diapers? Reusable cloth diapers has been around for years and popularly known in Nigeria as Baby Napkins. These napkins were commonly used by mothers on their babies as diapers. The then napkins were of square shapes like a flannel, most mothers folded it triangular while some rectangular and fastened with safety pins. Say goodbye to your ideas of using safety pins and the irritating task of cleaning up. Read on
Cloth diapers are reusable diapers made from natural fibers and man-made materials. Cloth diapers are not like disposable diapers and can be used on newborns and they are washable. The good thing about cloth diapers is that it can be used alongside a disposable liner (propylene). These disposable liners are paper like placed directly on the diaper to create a barrier between the waste and the cloth diaper. When the diaper is soil, the liner can be removed and flushed down the toilet or thrown away.
Watch The below Video to Understand More About Cloth Diapering
Why Choose Cloth Diapers Over Disposable Diapers
Most importantly, cloth diapers are gentle and soft on baby’s delicate skin. if you are contemplating what choice to make – certainly, cloth diaper is an option you may want to consider again. But careful not to pick a poor quality cloth diapers for your baby.
Choosing the Right Type of Cloth Reusable Diapers
There are a lot of brands and choices out there when it comes to cloth diapers but It is a tough decision choosing which type of cloth diaper to buy, particularly since it is meant to be a long-term investment.
Advantages of Cloth Diapers
Apart from the fact that cloth diaper is a better option health wise, it is way better than disposable diapers in many ways.
- Reduces the risk of exposing a babies to chemicals contained in disposable diapers but not yet proven so
- Environmentally friendly – all the hassle that come with disposing off disposable diapers is completely ruled out with cloth diapers
- Cost effective - Cloth diapers saves you money
- Cloth diapers can also be reused once the baby is potty trained well
- No more safety pin - snaps or Velcro closures now in vogue
- Cloth diapers are gentle on babies skin
- Cloth diapers can be passed on to a friend
- Waterproof banding around the waist and legs, no soaking, cloth diapers
- Cloth diapers can be sold as second hand if they are still in good condition
- Cloth diapers are easy to wash
Personally, I recommend the pocket diapers and hybrid all-in-two types.
You can try All in- 2 Pocket Cloth Diapers, best cloth diapers can be found on Amazon
Here are Extra Inserts - Diaper Essentials
Finally, I would not advice that you rule out the option of having the disposable diaper handy, “just in case” your baby soils the diaper when you are away from home – since disposables diapers are changed less frequently, faster and quite easier to manage. Also don’t forget that disposable diapers are specifically designed to keep your baby dry from moisture and skin irritation.