If your hubby is cooking and your family likes eating beans, this article is for you. No doubt beans is nutritious and rich in protein. Here in Africa, our men cannot do without eating food prepared with beans once a week. It doesn't matter the country you are from Gana, Kenya, Sierra Leon Uganda, Ivory Coast, Senegal, Mali, Gambia, Niger, Chad e.t.c this post is for you. There are other cool uses of food processor like using the food processor to pound yam. Here in Nigeria, we eat beans a lot but in different ways by preparing delicacies such beans soup (gbegiri), moi-moi and akara widely known as bean cake but preparing this food is a huge assignment. Find out the different uses of food processor in our Nigerian Kitchen. Read on
No doubt beans is one nutritious food If you operate a restaurant or small eatery place, this article is for you. Using a food processor for peeling beans makes it faster and stress free for you.
The Unbeatable Uses of Food Processor For Peeling Beans
- Measure the quantity of beans needed
- Pick out the stones and wash the beans
- Assemble your food processor for the process using the manufactures installation descriptions.
- Soak the beans in water for about 6 minutes to ease peeling
- To avoid over soaking the beans, after 6 minutes drain the water
- Pour “enough” quantity of beans in the processor to ease the peeling process and make the peeling faster,
- if you have plenty of beans to peel then do it in batches until you are done by reaping the above steps
- Add some water into the beans in the food processor and close the lid
- Switch on the food processor and watch it peel the beans
- After peeling, pour the beans out of the food processor and sieve it using a wide bowl but pour some water into it and sieve to save time.
Congratulations! You have successfully finished peeling your beans with a food processor, you can now proceed with making your beans soup, moi-moi (steamed beans) or akara (bean cake)..Related: How to Use a Food Processor to Prepare Pounded Yam in 5 munites
Conclusion: How to Peel Beans Using a Food Processor
Ensure water did not exceed the maximum limit as instructed by the product manufactures. Pouring enough beans in the processor will help you peel the beans faster than when you are doing the peeling it manually.Was this article helpful to you? Hope you agree with me that the food processor is a gadget that every woman would wish to have in their kitchen. Please leave us a comment to let us know how you felt after using the food processor to peel beans.
For more on this topic visit dooney's kitchen