Baby walkers are usually designed in two different styles - The Push Along and the Sit-in Walkers. This article will give you a clear insight on the different types of baby walker to choose from when buying a walker for your baby. Read on
The Push Along baby walkers is a good model for children above nine months and children at this age become very aggressive, your child has already gained confidence and ready to stand upright position and ready to walk.
Types of Baby Walkers
Infant walkers are deliberately built in circular in shape and designed in such a way that the baby is safely enclosed. Some walkers are more traditional in their makeup and design requiring babies to stand and hold on to a handle for toddling about, While some baby walkers come with central seats for baby to sit and totter around the floor. Unlike the traditional wooden baby walkers with features like a tray inscribed with numbers and alphabets letters.
Baby Walkers was designed as an alternative to traditional baby walkers. This type of baby walker requires the parent assistance while in use. The modern design of parent-assisted baby walkers is similar to leading strings in that the child is suspended upright while learning to walk. Parent-assisted baby walkers offer a safer method for teaching a child to walk over traditional baby walkers that can be unattended while a baby is in it.
Below are the two types of parent assisted baby walkers (Hand held and Juppy)
|Image Credit: Amazon|
Hand Held training walker helps infants learn to balance and walk more naturally. It is safer for the baby because you are there to help him take each an every step. This handheld walker is designed with premium quality material to provide maximum comfort for you and your baby as you teach your baby to balance and walk more naturally without the aches and pains of bending and hunching over.
|Image Credit: Amazon|
Juppy walker builds confidence in babies and teaches them to balance while you maintain your natural posture without stress. Juppy walker are designed with easily adjustable straps that accommodate your height as an adult, it also comes with soft hand grips that are strategically placed to provide optimum benefit for your hands. It is portaable to carry around, it can easily be folded into your puss.
The toddler walkers are specifically built for
slightly old babies. Some toddler walkers are designed in form of a car, truck
to fascinate these young kids. In some cases you will find the "2-in-1
walker" which is likewise a good option for growing babies as they can be
used by twin babies to learn how to walk.
Review of Baby Walker Brands in Nigerian
Disney Little Racer 2-In-1 Walker, Cars
- Disney Little Racer 2-In-1 Walker, Cars comes in handy.
- They are great durable and easy to put together item.
- This baby walker looks exactly as it is in the photograph, works great even on the carpet after modification.
- Disney Little Racer 2-In-1 baby Walker Cars are designed with a removable bluesilicone pad on the bottom which allows the walker to roll freely on carpets.
- Sounds that it makes keep the baby distracted.
- The activity centre can be removed and other things like toys or food can be placed in the tray.
- Disney Little Racer 2-In-1 Walker, Car is a good product but the toy car that is attached to it for a child to play with poses a risk for a child.
- Only has two front wheels that move, the backs are not moveable makes it hard for our little one to move about and to some extent it seems boring for our little one too.
- Works well if you have tile or hardwood flooring in the house.
Fisher-Price Bright Beginnings Activity Walker
- Kids love it and still could use it by pushing it around even after walking because the toys are fascinating
- I saw some reviews on the musical version of this toy where some said that the toy was not good for kids pulling up to standing.
- Fisher-price Bright Beginnings Activity Baby Walker is a quiet toy that doesn't need batteries.
- This baby walker doubles as a toy for a baby to play with while sitting or learning how to walk.
- This toy serves its purpose; a child could probably be steady on his/her feet, meaning pretty much able to stand steadily.
- The 'toys' on it are totally uninteresting.
- Great walker but extremely light weight, the wheels are just as thin and lightweight as the rest of the toy.
- Sometimes when the kid tries to stand up the toys falls over, the kid falls over.
- Looks more like a multi-purpose toy (based on the picture), having little things on top of it to play with, but the widgets spin.
- Regular floors, keep an eye on the little one driving.
Safety 1st Sounds 'n Lights Activity Walker, Surfin Safari
- Good quality.
- It is very durable and doubles as a bumper cart.
- Safety 1st Sounds 'n Lights Activity Walker, Surfin Safari uses hard plastic which is perfect for a baby walker.
- It's very easy to assemble.
- Easy to fold and store away
- Easily pops back up when you intend to use it again.
- Fairly easy to clean; you may wipe down the front and throw the seat in the washing machine.
- The different height levels allows for use as your baby grows.
- It’s true that this baby walker manoeuvres over our carpet without a problem.
- It goes better/faster on the hardwood or tile floor, but on thin carpet floor, baby can move around quite well too.
- Doesn’t lower well enough to enable baby’s feet on the ground, even when it’s on the lowest level setting.
- For a baby that is 7 months and about 29 inches tall; yet his feet cannot touch floor as shown in the instruction but can tip-toe around and kicking backward with the this baby walker, even with the lowest setting.
- The music is a bit loud for a baby loud.
- The leg holes are tight when the baby sits in it.
SOHO Designs Baby Walker - Learn how to walk assistant can only be used with the back-up of parent holding the baby in case there is a fall without experiencing back pain.
- This SOHO Designs Baby Walker - Learn how to walk assistant is one of the best to train for correct walking position for babies, and the child is not with his hands up.
- This SOHO Baby Walker - is a Confidence builder!
- This baby walker is a light accessory, easy to use and carry.
- Very easy to get baby in and out of the assisted baby walker.
- SOHO Designs Baby Walker - Learn how to walk assistant
It is a waste of money, babies cannot walk around unaided compared to other baby walkers.
This SOHO Designs Baby Walker - Learn how to walk assistant is not a product that you will walk to use until your baby is starts standing, walking while holding on to your hands or furniture.
Related: Finding the Right Baby Walker
These are all we have for now on baby walker brands in the Nigerian market.
Hope this article was useful to you? Leave us a comment on the brand you chose for your baby,