Travelling with an infant or toddler for the first time? You don’t have to worry losing your luggage; start with a Travel Essential checklist. Babies’ loves toys to keep them happy, having toys handy make the trip a much easier. In this article you will find tips for everything you need to make your trip stress free. Packs changing clothes, diapers, lots of bibs to avoid spilling baby food, plastic bags for your baby’ soiled clothes and diapers.
Worry no more worries on You do not have to bother yourself on what to pack for an infant or toddler for travel. Ensure you check with your airline ahead and don’t forget to go with first aid, your baby’s vitamin and medication and of course bug repellant – you never can tell.
#1. Video: Everything You Need When Travelling With A Baby By Flight
List of Travelling Essentials for Baby
- First-aid kit: For taking care of minor injuries
- Disinfectant: To disinfect your hand after cleaning your baby and before feeding the baby
- Blankets: To shield your baby and yourself against cold
- Baby’s Toy: To make the trip fun and stress free for you and the baby
- Plastic Bags: Enough for the trip (separate one for soiled diapers and one for dirty clothes)
- Diapers: Lots of diaper that can cover a 24hrs trip with extras for a change
- Diaper changing mat: To lay your baby on when changing your baby’s (some comes with baby changing bags)
- Baby Wipes: to clean baby’s bottom
- Diaper Rash Cream: To protect the baby of rash from nappy rash
- Baby Wash, and Baby Lotion
- Tissues for you
- Baby clothes, socks, and shoes.
- Travel Sterilizing Kit or Non Toxic Bottle Sterilizer (Milton)
- Plastic Feeding set with utensils, and baby food. If your baby's eating solid foods
- Formula and water to make baby food,
- Extra bottles, nipples, and sippy cups if appropriate
- Bibs and Burping clothes
- Energy-boosting snacks for you to munch on
- Breastfeeding: If you are still breastfeeding, you might not be as comfortable breast feed in the plane,
- Breast Pump: Breast pump breastfeeding easier
- Baby Carrier or Sling: Will allow you move your hand freely with your baby close to you.
- Some snack for you (the mother) to ease hunger
- Car Seat: Traveling with your baby in a secured car seat same way you do in the car is the safest way to do air travel with a baby, period.
- Portable crib: To make your baby comfortable
- Blackout Blind or blackout curtains: To protect your baby from direct sunlight
- A safe place for your baby to sleep or play
- Re-chargeable Lamp: Low light to help you keep an eye on your baby and easily change nappies at mid night
- Stroller: Be smart to travel with a non-bulky collapsible stroller
Important Note: Traveling With Baby on a Plane
If your child is under age (0-2yrs), you don’t have to purchase a ticket but if you choose to get a separate ticket for your baby or if it turns out there are extra seats on your flight, your baby’s car will be very useful.
Children are unpredictable when travelling with them
To ease your baby of flight fret, ensure you offer breast, a pacifier, a bottle during takeoff and landing.