|Image courtesy of papaija2008 at FreeDigitalPhotos.net|
Few days after your baby is born, your breasts produce colostrum and immunoglobulin that helps build your newborn baby’s immune system. It is obvious that there are advantages of breastfeeding over pumping of breast milk or feeding your baby with infant formula. The possibility of your baby being infected with diarrhea is high when you bottle feed your newborn baby with expressed breast milk. In this article we will outline a list of benefits of breastfeeding. Read on
Breastfeeding is evidently beneficial to you and your baby especially for the first six months of your baby’s existence protecting the baby from infections and allergies. As you progress you will understand the advantages of breastfeeding after 6 months and be happy knowing that your baby is healthy.
The Benefits of Breastfeeding Cannot Be Underestimated Below is a List of Advantages of Breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding satisfies baby's emotional needs
- Breast milk contains antibodies that help your baby fight off viruses and bacteria;
- Breastfeeding helps prevent post-partum hemorrhage
- Breast feeding reduce baby girls' risk of developing breast cancer in later life
- Breast milk is more digestible than formula
- Breast milk is always ready and comes in a nicer package than anything else
- Breast milk reduces the risk of sudden infant death syndrome
- Breast milk comes without a cost – it is free
- Breast milk does not need to be refrigerated
- Breastfeeding cheaper than buying formula and helps avoid medical bills later
- Breast milk comes naturally the right proportions of fat, carbohydrates and protein
- Breast milk lowers your baby's risk of allergies
- Breast milk also protects the baby from developing type I diabetes.
- Breast milk acts like a pain reliever for babies.
- Breast milk provides perfect infant nutrition
- Breastfeeding promotes bonding between mother and baby
- Breastfeeding reduces the risk of baby developing asthma
- Breastfeeding decreases a mother's risk of developing endometrial cancer
- Breast milk is the perfect food for sick babies and it also enhances vaccine effectiveness
- Breastfeeding stimulates your hormones for milk supply
- Breastfeeding helps you lose some excess weight gained during pregnancy
- reduces mother's risk of breast cancer .
Advantages of Breastfeeding Over Bottle Feeding
- Breastfeeding protects babies against diarrheal infections
- Breast milk is always the right temperature – naturally warm
- Breast milk is not contaminated with bacteria (fresh milk in a bottle)
- Breastfeeding saves cost of buying bottles for baby feeding
- Breastfeeding saves cost of buying baby bottle sterilizer
- Breast feeding saves moms the stress of washing bottles
Conclusion: How to Breastfeed the Right way and the Advantages of Breast-milk on babies
When your arrived, you were advised to breast feed your baby often so as to boost your baby’s immune system.
You heed to the advice, stayed awake all night, giving your baby the best of you even with cracked nipples and wondering when this was going to end. Never mind, the benefits of breast milk on you and your baby justifies it all.
Hope you enjoyed our article? Please leave us a comment; we will love to hear from you.